Thursday, October 30, 2014

The most beautiful pale periwinkle blue


I found this teacup at the annual antiques show at the Bracebridge Memorial Arena several years ago. It's Shelley, and the shape is Dainty.

I was pretty excited when I found it. So excited I bought it right away, paying SEVENTY DOLLARS, fearing I'd never see another one like it.

Five minutes later, I found another one just like it.

It was at another vendor, at the same show in the same arena. So I bought it too. Cheaper though. I couldn't leave either one behind; that would be cruel. This is the type of crazed thinking that collectors exhibit.

But, jeez, aren't they pretty? The tea tastes great out of it (only drinking out of one) too. PC orange pekoe today.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Of course there was another one! Glad they get to reside together in a loving home : )

    ReplyDelete