Thursday, February 13, 2014

Writer writes and tried to right

I think I did a good job today. I had to work on some stuff (copywriting) that's ultimately quite promotional, despite any wishes otherwise, and I wanted it to be great, while also being truthful. I found there to be considerable pressure to go farther over the top than I'm comfortable with, and I resisted, while still making it great.

My feeling is that most rational people have pretty darn good bullshit detectors, and if you venture into that territory, you're going to end up looking like an idiot.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are right. So much that I read loses cred by being OTT and hence unauthentic. Glad to hear you're working. I hope it's been nice and steady for you and much more gratifying without all the office politics : ) I liked your positive choices in your last 2 posts as well - just saying. Been trying to do something similar myself (as in something to better the world each day). Some days are more successful than others, but I plug on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely true that some days are more successful than others. Amen, Sister! The ability and the will to plug on is the key. It's good.

    ReplyDelete