Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Walking and reading: two ways to improve today



My ebullience and enthusiasm, both results of my improved arm and shoulder mobility, have gotten me into a bit of trouble over the past week.

First, I injured myself doing the dolphin pose during a shoulder-shape-up yoga workout. Very, very dumb. I will never do one again. I was feeling nice and loose and simply overdid it. Hurt my shoulder (in a different place), and wing, and neck.

Next, again with too much enthusiasm for improving my upper body strength, I tried too many times to hang and pull-up from our chin-up bar. This morning at physio I discovered that I haven't done myself any permanent damage. Just feels a bit like minor whiplash.

The good news from my physiotherapist: no big permanent damage done. Just keep on keepin' on. Okay, can do.

On the way home, I had a long, quiet walk in the fresh snow, which is one of the very best ways to improve the day.

Then, got some work done and sent off, and did some reading through a lovely, heartfelt, fabulous blog called Sublime Mercies.

I recommend both as ways to improve today.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your injuries but glad it's not permanent ; ) The body can take a while to repair itself at our age, but fortunately we have common sense on our side as well. Well, usually.

    ReplyDelete