Wednesday, June 12, 2013

You have witchcraft in your lips, Kate

Here's another weird little moment; one of my favourites, actually.

I was at my cousin's place, and he and I were chatting about school field trips, theatre, and then Shakespeare productions we've seen in our lives. My favourites of these were Henry V, and Henry IV, Part II. I saw them in high school on one of our many English class field trips to the Stratford Festival, roughly between 1979 and 1982.

My cousin, formerly a stage actor, is great to talk to about these matters. I said, one of the best things about Henry V was the actor who played Henry -- Jack Wetherall. All these years later, I still remember his name, I said.

My cousin's phone rings.

Cousin answers.

It's Jack Wetherall.

"We were just talking about you."

***

Don't you just love the world sometimes? I sure do.

1 comment: