Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The faintest breeze

Unlike last year around this time, I am most definitely not sad or down. Since the Christmas holidays - I took extra days to bring the break to two weeks - I've been feeling happy, optimistic, creative and eager to prepare for the next step in my life.

It's the winds of change, my friends, and I'm feelin' that the faintest breeze that's been whispering over the past year or so isn't going away, and is getting stronger.

I'm not entirely certain where we're doing to end up - nothing drastic, mind you - but I am planning  for a certain city. All that I need is to secure a good job in that city.

However, while I'm aiming for that city, I'm quite open to considering others - it all depends on what comes my way. Every morning ca.indeed.com sends me a fresh crop of opportunities and it's been so pleasantly surprising that there are a ton of interesting, exciting jobs out there right now.

I've applied for several. Not a single interview. Yet.

More to come.

In the meantime, I've got to do my morning exercises to get my back and hips and neck in shape for my next 20 years of my editing career.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad that city is not likely to be Melbourne, Australia. We an always use some more talented, intelligent women of our particular vintage : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could come to Sydney too :)

    ReplyDelete