Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sing me a song I want to hear

Oh bother, said Pooh.

 I'm not blogging much these days, but hoo boy am I ever getting spammed via comments. So - adding one of those wretched CAPTCHAs. I don't like the Blogger ones much at all; they're so hard to read. But I'm getting sick of "moderating" these dumb-ass things. Do you idiots really think I'm going to go to click on your stupid link? No, I am not. Go away.

In other news, Choir was awesome last night - we sang "We Belong", and the songwriter, Dan Navarro, who heard about Choir on NPR (the piece: In Toronto, an ad hoc choir becomes a community)  in December, came to hear us learn, and in some cases relearn, his awesome oh-so-fun-to-sing song.

Here's the result: Choir! Choir! Choir! sings We Belong - recorded for Soundcloud.


2 comments:

  1. That was fabulous!! I worked as a professional singer (in another life... pre kids, I mean) and my very favourite singing was ensemble, without a doubt. The energy is so different to doing solo work and sooo much better. Just goes to show that people are designed to do things together. Good for you! What a great idea. Is that you in the lead photo of the article? (black top, short cropped blond hair and glasses?)

    Sorry you're getting spammed. I never got spammy comments - just had my address dumped on assorted sites of dubious origin. Good move, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted some of my favourite Choir videos :)

    ReplyDelete