Sunday, January 22, 2012

S.A.D.?

Not sure what's up, but one thing I know for sure it that it's the traditional flat-to-sad time of year, emotionally.

For starters, one of my favourite pod-mates has left for greener pastures. And post Christmas, I'm left feeling a bit weary of the growing-company b.s. scene - meaning the b.s. that tends to flourish when a little itsy bitsy company experiences a lot of growth over a short time.

Plus I'm just weary of taking so much mediocre direction from the overconfident and inexperienced. At this point in my career, I don't feel like humouring newbies who feel like playing copywriter. Just let me do it, eh. Plus I just need some time away from the masses at the office. It's a rather open area, and writing in the land of interuption is difficult and it all makes me not want to save my vacation days and it makes me want to leave the city for somewhere quieter and less liney-uppey. And it'd be nice for us to see our families a bit more often.

Bitch, kvetch, whine.

On the bright side, I've been walking. This is the month of walking and walking. Last year, I resolved to walk instead of taking the bus, and this year, I've successfully kicked it up a notch by extending my walk by one subway station. My 35-40 minute tromp along the quiet streets in the dark, listening to my (new!) ipod, is just so good. I also discovered it's got a pedometer, and it's making it super easy to reach my 10K-step/day goal.

Just like with cycling, if my daily exercise is also my transportation, it's really no problem getting it in there. Plus it's truly good for my soul.

All's well. I just feel like shaking things up. Not wise to do so without a plan, so I'm starting to plan. Yeah!

3 comments:

  1. Plans are good. Hope the down doesn't last too long. I often get that way at this time of year too, but for other reasons. I think a lot of people do. At least we're human : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's happened to your blog? :( I really miss it....

    ReplyDelete