Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nature and art, the art of nature, and a mid-life crisis. Maybe.

It may be a mid-life crisis, but I think I had a wee bit of an epiphany over the weekend, early Saturday morning while the family was all asleep, and I looked out the window and watched the trees blowing in the wind (while I did my stretches for my back).

The particular tree that captivated me blew open my mind. As though I hadn't really looked at a tree before. Or, at least not in a long while.


I want more of that.

Don't get me wrong, I love the city. It's home. I love feeling connected. But I want some more of looking at the trees blowing in the wind. I've been craving a shake-up in my life - our lives. Longing for a bit of adventure. Longing for the smell of the woods and longing for a chance to look at the trees and feel the change in the seasons.

Not sure exactly what I'm going to do about this. But I do have an idea.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment