Thursday, October 13, 2011

No two days alike. Thank goodness.

Funny how different I can feel about work from one day to the next. The past 6 weeks or so have been madness here at Jobsite I, and I've been writing copy like a demon (and, being officially off duty while writing here, will not be held responsible for grammar errors), even in my sleep, to the point where I feel like a sausage maker, just cranking it out.

And two days ago we had such a rotten meeting during which a VP crapped all over everything I and my colleagues had been creating for the past week. Of course, as these things often go, VP took the easy route as naysayer. And had no ideas to bring to the table, nor did he have any interest in actually building on what we'd created (which DID follow exactly what we'd been asked to do in the first place).

That evening at home, all I could think about what how I ain't getting paid enough to be shat upon by intellectually lazy naysayers collecting big paycheques, and I gotta get another job! Looking at job ads after a bad day is a great idea - it reminds you that there's a big ol' world out there. Possibly full of companies with annoying VPs, of course, but I don't let that take away my dreams.

The good news is yesterday was way better, people much more positive, including said VP, and we chugged out some really cool stuff. Walking home in the rain, all I could think was that I work with such great, kind, talented, hardworking people.

I still want more money, though.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I have a hard time stomaching people who criticise and yet offer nothing constructive whatsoever. That VP needs to pull his head in and let you guys do your job. Good luck with the job hunting, or the job sticking-it-out. At least you have some great people around you. Balances out the turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that a lot of people do it without even realizing how damaging it is. Frankly, it's the easy route. The cool thing was that the actual client was all about pointing out what they liked, so I'm really happy. We worked hard, and even tho they want some changes, they "got it".

    Thx, Marnie!

    ReplyDelete