Friday, October 14, 2011

Monday night's the banjo

I've got this tune in my head. Had it yesterday too. Am I the only one who remembers it from Grade 1 & 2?

Note that you have to be skipping rope with your friends on the playground at recess when you sing it.

Monday night's the banjo
Playing on the alleyo
I've got the rodeo
And I've got C.

C stands for Charlie
Funny funny Charlie
All the girls for Charlie
Kiss him good night

Good night, Sleep Tight.

Speaking of Charlie, they've recently learned hopscotch and foursquare in gym at school. Hurrah! This weekend, we'll be getting out the sidewalk chalk again for sure.

TGIF

4 comments:

  1. And now it's in MY head. Thanks. However, it has successfully blasted out Beyonce's "Single Ladies", so it's really a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I don't believe that song ever made it down under, but I'm suspecting it was possibly written by someone called Charlie. I hope you jump rope when you sing it to your boy ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I should've explained! You only say "C" when you're calling someone in to skip with you whose name starts with "C". The skipper gets to call someone in and they jump together, until "Good night, Sleep tight." Then the first kid jumps out, and the 2nd kid remains, then she gets to call someone in by saying the first letter of someone's name. Then they jump in... and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember it! As soon as I read your title, I knew it. Thanks for the reminder. We're learning all kinds of fun skipping rope rhymes now (although they call it "jump rope" down here in Ga.) Will definitely have to share this one. Kim

    ReplyDelete