Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Squirrelly

Omilord, I'm spent. We've been down two team members for close to two weeks, and though we do have freelance help, I'm feeling the strain.

On top of that, I've made some "healthy" changes to my life. Being a desk jockey with carpal tunnel issues, and watching my estrogen levels ebb away and my waist slowly disappear, and finding some motivation to make a few simple changes, I've followed my new little regime now for almost 2 and a half weeks.

And boy, do I feel great!

*Sarcasm* in my own blog. Being sarastic with my very own self.

Actually, it's partly true. I've stepped up my daily activity to this: every day, every single day without exception, I exercise. Whether it's riding my bike to work, swimming, or going for a speedy walk (but no arm pumping or fancy-walking; it's just part of my commute).

Plus, I have to take the stairs at least once a day. I already avoid escalators religiously (they are Satan to me), but since I work on the 9th floor, it's high enough for some huffing and puffing - and that's the name of the game.

I've become dogmatic about doing my hand-thumb-wrist exercises from my fabulous physiotherapist, and so far, my hands seem okay, even though I'm making the journey all the way downtown, which is a lovely 7.5km journey, but includes a lot of downhill, which is quite hard on me wee anes.

Let's see, what else? I have to eat at least two servings of fruit a day; my wont is to have approximately zero. Oh, and the decluttering. This is the hardest to maintain. When I don't get home from work until 7, and I still want to eat dinner with my fam and help Charlie with his homework, I can't be squirrelling myself away. Or, considering the fact that squirrelling involves gathering and what I'm doing is decluttering, I should say, "desquirrelling."

There's another thing that's been draining my energy beams, but I've already whined enough about it IRL, so I'll leave it at that.

(Actually, I still really feel like whining about it a lot, to the point where I'd like to have several alcoholic beverages, rend some garments, and scream real loud. But I've only got tonic and no gin and I wouldn't actually want to rip any clothing, and, well, the screaming is going to have to wait until I'm no longer quite so spent.)

5 comments:

  1. Whine! Scream! Rant! Exude! Drink lime daiquiries, smoke cigars, and pass out on the couch! It's good fer ya. Trust me...

    Oh, yeah, fruit and exercise are okay, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! On the exercise front that is. I've been attempting to do that daily. Failing mostly, but still attempting. Sorry to hear about your carpel tunnels :( I've had that before (during both pregnancies). PAINFUL!!

    Anyhow, keep up the good work. I believe that there's something like a pain threshold, but it's a feeling crap threshold, for new routines. After another few months you should be feeling amazing -_- Lemme know how that goes... But in the meantime, treat yourself to some non-calorie-laden goodies on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they say just switching from regular beverages to diet (like pop or tea, for instance) you'll shed 10lbs off in a year....idk for certain, everyday there's 20 new studies contradicting the last. worth a shot though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron, that's the ticket - small changes, gradual slimming, no big diet with a big weight drop, only to - boing! bounce back again.

    ReplyDelete