Monday, May 2, 2011

Targetted assassination

In my opinion, targetted assassination is a disgrace, no matter what country carries it out. It's not right when "they" do it, nor it is right when "we" do it. Was there any attempt to capture OBL? From what I have read, the answer is no. A trial would've been too complicated. Justice is complicated. Murder, I guess, is simpler. But it feeds murder. I'm upset about this.
 
I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr

2 comments:

  1. What a wise man MLK was. I agree. And I doubt Bin Laden's death will make much difference to the operations of Al Qaeda. There's always someone in the wings ready to step in :(

    ReplyDelete