Saturday, April 30, 2011

The log chute

Last weekend, I did a bunch of climbing around the formerly old, now restored/rebuilt log chute up in Haliburton. The water was so low, it offered some unique opportunities to get up close to it -- I was able to climb all the way out to the end.

It was Easter, which was lovely, Charlie and M3I were hiking nearby, and I was alone with the log chute. It's one of my favourite places to take pictures. While I was doing just that, I realized it'd been years since I'd been out doing nothing but taking pictures that pleased me.






Speaking of the logging industry, my grandfather was a lumber camp safety inspector.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. Photography for pleasure is addictive, isn't it? Like crack! (not that I'd know about the crack.. but I've heard)

    ReplyDelete