Saturday, March 26, 2011

The best day of the week is today

Charlie asked me three times this morning why I was smiling. Just one reason, Sonny boy. I'm happy.

We lazed around for awhile this morning as the sun streamed in. I had some coffee, read the paper, Charlie read a book with breaks spent jumping around, M3I slept in.

Around 11, Charlie and I took three more boxes of stuff to Goodwill!!! AND, Charlie and M3I carried all - that's ALL - the rest of the magazines down to the laundry room. Boy, I'm glad it's not me coming across 200 free magazines. I'd be screaching with a combination of joy and indecision.

We of course then had to go into the store, and he got three videos and two books, and I found a diamond-shaped pink and orange paisley scarf plus a long white scarf dotted with green shamrocks.

Next, across the street to our favourite Mr. Sub, and wah! They're closing at the end of the month. The lady there always gives Charlie a free cookie, and the subs are great as is the coffee. But she's happy - they're going to take some much-deserved time off before deciding what to do next.

Okay there's more fun: we just got back from swimming! I'm happy to report that yes, the slide was open.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you got rid of a bunch of stuff and then immediately got some new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the catch and release system - in reverse!

    ReplyDelete