Monday, February 14, 2011

How to get zero hits on your blog

It's a first! This obviously isn't a hugely read blog, but I managed to get precisely zero hits last week.

Should you aspire to such depths, I suggest "orthodontic appliances" as a worthwhile topic. If you want to go into negative numbers with your readers deleting previous visits to your blog, take a photo of them and post it too. (M3I begged me to just throw away the appliances and don't for the love of god let Charlie see them. Charlie is clearly going to need braces and we don't want the site of my old ones to give him nightmares.)

You want a lot of blog hits, you could try something like, "how I broke up Ryan and Scarlett's marriage". (Ha-HA! Wouldn't you like to know what we get up to here in the Great White North!)

5 comments:

  1. I think something weird is going on with your hit counter, cuz I definitely read the piece about orthodontic appliances - both my kids had braces, so I distinctly remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's good! I wasn't sure it was possible to actually get zero what with all the web crawlers searching for key words and meta tags and whatnot. I've even gone months without posting and still had lots of hits. Maybe my "subscription" to the counter thingie ran out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for letting me know :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there :D well, I'm a lurker and I read last week too. I don't trust those stats at all. Their information never correlates...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Marnie! Now I'm checking out your blog... Next, I'll check out what's up with Site Meter.

    ReplyDelete