Sunday, November 14, 2010

Seeing red ... then pink and orange.


Tell me, if you were already feeling cross and out of sorts (due to a wretched-cursed-passionately unwelcome and unexpected recurrence of the hormonal fun-fair), would this stupid "kill crow's feet" ad not make you even madder? It sure did me.

Even the violence of it offends. "Kill" indeed.

As people grow older they get lines around the eyes, okay? And if you can't handle it, then how the hell do you expect to handle the rest of your goddamn life?

My hairdresser, Cathy, and I were chatting about botox and poor Courteney Cox and Nicole Kidman and their sad ilk. I'd heard they didn't like the vertical lines some of us get between the eyebrows because they "make you look angry". Wise Cathy said, "What if I AM angry?"

That ad made those lines show up good.

Also this: my Aunt passed away late Thursday night. She's had a rotten end, and I'm going to miss her.

It all added up to being out of sorts. So I went for a walk.

Along this path.


For two hours.




The walk, the air, the exercise and the surprise of seeing these brilliant pink and orange berries in mid-November made me feel human again. I went home refreshed. And apologized to my family.

2 comments: