Friday, October 29, 2010

Red shoe diaries


I love the drama of this time of year; the swirling leaves, the spooky tree silhouettes at twilight. The season also makes me think of witches. Which makes me think of the most famous witch of all's sister: the Wicked Witch of the East. And her fabulous witchie feet: the only part of her we ever really got to know.

What a statement she made, with those red shoes and stripey legs! Personally, I felt sorry for her - creeped out too. What a way to go.

Today, in my peri-peri years, I actually wear a version of Wicked Witch of the East feet practically every day. I have two pairs of these wonderful shoes, both pairs exactly the same. And lots of stripey socks, obv.



My love of wearing red shoes goes back to roughly 37 years ago, when I had a pair of perfect red shoes that I wore with great joy until the soles wore down and my toes touched the sidewalk.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. They're comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see these are Naot's. DO you remember the design name please?
    They are indeed wonderful
    thanks
    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember the design name, unfortunately. I do know that they don't make this particular design any more - but they do have shoes that are similar!

    ReplyDelete