Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello there

I thought I'd come back, so here I be, geeking out.

Over the weekend, M3I and I were watching Don Juan de Marco, and what to my wondering eyes should appear but the King of Cartoons! The wonderful fellow's name is Gilbert Lewis. He appeared on Pee-Wee's Playhouse as the King for awhile, then they unceremoniously - quite unfitting for a king, I might add - ditched him and got another guy. Actually another black actor, William Marshall.

It was sorta like the two Darrens and the two Beckys.

I've always been very good with faces and voices - in real life too, not just on tv or in movies. I can pretty much spot any actor elsewhere once they've appeared on Deep Space Nine or Pee-Wee's Playhouse. For example, I once identified John Paragon's appearing on Cheers just by his voice.

It's a gift. Don't be jealous.

Now get this: William Marshall, the second King of Cartoons appeared in Star Trek TOS. Isn't life just a big crazy old circle? And, John Paragon (surely we all know he was Jambi & Pterri in PWPH) appeared in an ep of DS9. Sadly I don't remember him, though I must've seen the ep.

(Speaking of The Two Darrens - is that a great name for a rock group, or what? Also, my great name for my future punk rock group: Meconium! I know. It's a gift.)

No comments:

Post a Comment