Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My two cents on the Olympic coverage

Gross me out. I just did some channel surfing to find me some non-hockey Olympics to watch, and all those horrible tabloid shows are honing in on the skater chickie whose mom died a few days ago. Stay the hell away from her, you freaking vultures. Does she really need the tabloids circling her at this point? What's going on here?

You know what, it's tears p0rn. I actually hate the "normalization" of that word, and apologize for using it. But that's what it is. The media during these Olympics is fetishing tears, and they're on the hunt for them no matter what. Watch the medal presentations where they zoom in on each gold-medal winner's eyeball, hoping they at least for chrissakes well up.

Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment