Friday, February 5, 2010

Be smart. Get the flu shot.

If you haven't already done so, and if it's available to you, I beg you, for the love of Pete, get the G.D. flu shot.

Because I've got it and it's nasty, and it's probably not even H1N1. Maybe it was a terrible cold that turned into the flu, I dunno. But I can't get warm, and then finally when I do get warm, I'm pouring with sweat, and nope it ain't menopause this time around. I'm extremely fatigued but I can't even sleep right now because every time I lie down, all the horrid "flu"-id drains into my lowest nostril and then runs like a tap. I turn over, it all drains over to the lower side again. And if you don't like the sound of that, then get the flu shot.

In addition, I'm having trouble clearing my lungs, which means breathing - and if none of this speaks to you, get this: I've now been sick since Jan. 20.

Which means this horrid bug has taken up a lot of my personal and professional time. This is my seventh sick day this year. My husband is sick too, as was my son (he's still coughing, but seems to have bounced back otherwise).

Last fall there were numerous impassioned - and very polarized - debates in our office kitchen about whether or not to get the shot.

I say get it.

To get the shot, call your doctor's office or nearest walk-in clinic, and go get that precious jab.

No comments:

Post a Comment