Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm going to live to be a hundred

As I crossed through the subway turnstile this morning, I read the words, "Wouldn't you rather be getting on a plane?"

Nope. Not today!

It's one of those birds-are-singing mornings:

- I got a seat on the subway just four stops into my journey which enabled me to almost complete a sudoku

- The two women working in the shop I get my vanilla-hazelnut coffee from both said a cheery good morning have a good day (I told the lady at the cash, "you guys should get a tip jar!" She bobbed her head in a quick bow with a modest smile and said "thank you").

- As I walked past Yognfruz in the Metro Centre, the young cashier was telling a hilarious expansive story to the people in her lineup, all of whom responded with gales of laughter

- And then in the elevator on the way up to the office, the women from the floor below included me in their jokey morning camaraderie.

To top it all off, I just read this, from Reuters: "People with fat in their thighs and backsides may live longer because the fat traps harmful fatty particles and actively secretes helpful compounds."

I'm gonna live to be a hundred!

No comments:

Post a Comment