Monday, September 14, 2009

Those neon lights at Yorkdale

I've been trying to find photos of the old neon art installation at Yorkdale subway station - and hurrah!

Check it out - this old Night Moves video from Global starts at Yorkdale. Remember these old things on late, late at night?



This thing is making me woozy with nostalgia. Whenever I went out of town to visit my parents, I'd come back on the Gray Coach bus, and the terminal was at Yorkdale. I'd drag my luggage over to the subway station, up and down some stairs, and then up this escalator, invariably at night. I loved this neon thing. The lights were activated by a train coming into the station.

And, here are a couple of photos at a site showing Michael Hayden's portfolio.


Okay, now I'm going to be up all night watching these addictive old Night Moves videos now that I've discovered them.

No comments:

Post a Comment