Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I found it - my joy

All day today and most of yesterday I've been rather joyless. The cop cars outside and the nagging worry, combined with a nasty sinus infection and some minor annoyance at work have brought me down to a flat, joyless plain.

Even coming home tonight - early - didn't jar me out of my funk. But sometime after dinner, hanging out with my delightfully funny, lively son - who's riding his bike now without training wheels super fast! And went underwater at swimming lessons today! And was just full of hilarious stories about his day - I found that I was laughing and smiling and feeling much lighter of heart.

Before he fell asleep, he was telling me about a little girl in his class. "Is she cute?" I asked him.

"No, no. But you'd think she's cute!"

"Really, why?"

"You know in Mickey Mouse? She looks just like one of the ducks."

No comments:

Post a Comment