Friday, September 25, 2009

Cycling daze

You know how when you were a kid you just played outside in pretty much any type of ordinary weather. Rainy days are not crappy days to Charlie. They means there's puddles to jump in. Don't know about you but once I got older, most of the time I got a lot pickier about the type of weather I liked to go out in.

One of my favourite things about cycling (or camping, or having a kid) to work on a regular basis is that it puts you out there and reveals to you the delights of non-sunny perfect weather.

After I got home tonight and looked out the window into the dark, I remembered how much I love riding home from work in the dark and in the cold. It's quiet and private and stealthy, and it always seems a lot darker outside when you're inside than when you're out in it. It's your little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment