Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Peace Weirdness Stress, with apologies to Eat Pray Love

Peace
Last night we got up at 4 a.m. to go sit on the balcony and watch the northeast sky. Sadly, I didn't see a single meteor, but it was cool and peaceful and quiet, with just the rumbling of the city to listen to.

Weirdness
Then we went back to bed, and as I slept I dreamt of horrible Jobsite X! Arrgh. My old boss called me for a meeting. I went. She demanded to know why I quit, and accused me of spreading slander about the company. She accused me of "disliking the corporate structure". I retorted, "I was supposed to write a blog for the CEO and you forbade me from speaking to him."

Then, as with dreams, things got weird. My other boss (as you recall, I had several) appeared wearing green hair and green lipstick. Hundreds of people crowded the atrium of the building to prevent me from leaving. Hours and hours later, sobbing and weeping, I managed to get to the subway, but they wouldn't accept my ticket, and they sent me back into the building.

I was very happy to wake up and realize I was coming here, to good ol' Jobsite I.

Stress
Tomorrow, Charlie has to have anesthetic for dental surgery. Actual anesthetic. I will be so very, very happy when it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment