Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Can I blame it on menopause?

I was reading an article the other day about how exercising like a maniac doesn't usually end up helping us lose weight. Guess why? (It's SO obvious.)

Exercise makes us hungrier and therefore we eat more.

Tell me about it. When I ride my bike to work, I'm ravenous; by 10:39, I start watching the clock, and must eat my lunch right at noon.

So I thought I'd start a food diary, with apologies to these folks. Today, so far - it's 5:07 - I've had a custard bun, a coffee, 3 pieces of gum (sugarless, haha), roughly seven "toasted almond" truffles (I got them for my birthday), Weight-w@tchers "Santa-Fe-style rice and beans", about 30 almonds (I love almonds), two glasses of water, and an apple (which I admit I probably ate because I'm ashamed of succumbing to the custard bun this morning).

I'm starting to wonder if maybe my weight gain isn't related to (peri)menopause after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment