Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Too much input

I'm taking a vow of... not sure how to phrase it.

I'm reading too much on the computer. It feels like it's affecting my work. Know how it goes?

Oh, I have to check the financial news to see if it affects any of my projects. Oh, I see there's an interesting article on parenting a shy child. I'll just take a quick peek. Oh, check that out, there's a link to another article on 40-something-working-mothers of 5-year-old boys. Better have a look.

As a long-time readaholic, I've always read - compulsively - whatever's in front of me. My grandmother's Mr. Bubble box on the bathtub ledge. Niacin, thiamin, riboflavin on the cereal box. And the internet is just too damn easy; there's endless stuff to read and look at, and whatever you think of, it's there.

See what I mean?

1 comment:

  1. You just captured my week so far! Any excuse to read up on something on the internet. Maybe you've been checking out how often I check your blog? I'll try the vow with you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete