Monday, June 8, 2009

Free money

This morning, as I got off the subway, I stepped onto the escalator rather than the stairs so I could baby my sore knees - a consequence of yesterday's Ride. Behind me I heard a woman say, "Help the economy! Spend this loonie today!" I looked back to see her - no fooling - giving away little white cards with loonies attached to them.

People seemed to be reacting with disbelief. Me, since I had only about 45 cents on me, would've been happy to grab one of those loonie cards so I could buy myself a vanilla hazelnut coffee. But alas, I was on the escalator, heading up.

Probably a good thing I didn't get one what with my green pledges and all - though coffee is a consumable. I swear I would've recycled the coffee cup!

Buying nothing new - still on track, and I've decided to keep the Ride for Heart T-shirt and camel pack. Not sure what I'll do with it, but since I now know I can cycle close to 60 km in a day, maybe I can use it on a future, longer ride. I wore the T-shirt on the ride - it's made out of a weird "dry" fabric.

Earth hours - I'm planning to do my very best to stay awake this evening, and do the candle thing. Maybe sit on the balcony and watch the flowers grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment