Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Earth hour, day 2

Tonight I'm posting before I head into our second earth hour of the month. Last night, I have to say I found looking into the computer screen to be rather jarring after the peace and tranquility of sitting and writing by candlelight.

As for my other pledge, I didn't do any shopping today. I shop so seldom it's not really a huge challenge. I did buy a coffee, after lunch, which was a poor choice in two ways: a) I didn't need a coffee, I really just needed to get away from my desk and go outside; and b) it made me feel totally lousy by about 5 o'clock. I had such a nasty blood sugar drop, I took the streetcar and subway home instead of my bike. Ugh. On my way to the streetcar, I was passed by two cyclists, count 'em two, talking on cell phones while riding. It's difficult to even comment.

I just put Charlie to bed. He was uncharacteristically talkative about school today, telling me that sometimes the other kids liked to make weapons, like knives and guns, and wondered if kids liked to make weapons when I was little. I also found out that another kid hit him today. Ugh.

Now, off I go to light a candle instead of cursing the darkness.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, and way to help the environment!

    ReplyDelete