Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad

Day one without a contract. I wait. I wait. I wait. All the while, working away at this (can't really call it "my") desk. I know I sound whiny and petulant, but the stress of not knowing what they're going to do with me, (like do I get to work here? or should I just pack up my kit and go) is making me mental. Just gimme the G.D. job I applied for four months ago! Or say No already.

But no, one biggie had to consult with another biggie who was unfortunately away, who then when he came back said he had to consult with the first biggie who was then at that time unfortunately away, and by the way, why is ONEWEIRDWORD charging for sick days? Contract? I don't remember approving any contract! (Actually to be fair even though this happened, I got it sorted by contacting said biggie and pointing out that I understood that there was a contract and just because he didn't remember it and never got around to writing it down doesn't mean that I'm trying to put one over on the company for chrissakes what the heck am I doing here anyway, volunteering endlessly?

So finally the first biggie came back from being away and after not returning phone calls yesterday today says to my manager, why haven't you put the job offer request in to HR? Of course this whole entire time (four months) my manager has been trying to get approval to do that very thing.