Saturday, January 24, 2009

The glorious weekends - redux

All day yesterday, and even last night, the only thing that was on my mind was the same thing that was bugging my butt: the much-touted, albeit with a cult following of haters, Aeron office chair.

The "waterfall" does indeed hurtcha on the butt and back of the legs all the live-long day, and they did cost the company a zillion bucks, but they bought the large-size chair for everyone, so all of us who are shorter than, say, 6'1", are too big to sit back without looking like Lily Tomlin as Edith Ann.

But now that it's a glorious sunny freezing cold Saturday, and I've had a sleep-in (thanks to my husband), and lunch with Charlie - a baloney sandwich with mustard, while watching Maisie and reading the paper - I think, what could be better? I like my kid, my home, my husband, my bed, work, the people I work with, I just read a great book (more later), and my family and I have the rest of the afternoon - and weekend - to hang out. We might even go out and try to replace our horrid old ikea seagrass rug, which is giving us slivers.

I'm happy.

1 comment: