Friday, November 21, 2008

I loved the snake

Early this morning as the sun was rising, I was dreaming that I was carrying around a very large, warm boa constrictor.

As I walked around with it, it wrapped itself tighter, and I realized I loved the snake and that the snake was happy.

Of course, next I thought, hmm, I don’t know much about snakes and I wonder if the snake is hungry, and what do they eat anyway? Ah, mice probably. Where am I going to get a mouse? Then the snake wrapped itself tighter. And then my husband woke me up, saying, “It’s 7:30.”

Snuggled against my back, with his very long skinny leg slung over me and with his arm around my waist, was Charlie, my happy, sleepy, beloved little boa constrictor.

Here's the music that was in my head when I woke up; words are in the link above. Enjoy and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment