Tuesday, August 19, 2008

There is good in the world

An encounter on my trip home from work on the subway last night combined with inspiration from this wonderful blogger, specifically this entry, has put me in a good deedy mood...

Whenever I get in one of those darker moods (currently chemically alleviated somewhat) where I become hypersensitive to the destruction and despair in the world, I check in. Actually, in truth, I check in just about every day regardless of mood. But it's a place that will reassure you that there is good in the world.

I've also been inspired by this posting by blogger Posie Gets Cozy.

I use this passage of hers in particular, as a reminder of the good in the world, which is created by people; she wrote it while recovering from a serious accident:
I saw that the world was constantly falling apart, it was always in a state of little things always falling apart, and then there were these brigades of individual human angels, with kind eyes, apples and stitches, repairing, fixing, mending, patting, bandaging the wounds of the world, and putting it back together, piece by tiny piece.

Gooddeedaday and Posie are two of those angels. They make me want to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment