Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grumble grumble grumble and then: Hole-y smokes!

Don't you just love it when someone primly commands you to do something you were just about to do since a) it's part of your job and b) you're a professional writer/editor with 20 years' experience and c) you know what the !&@# you're doing?

I went in to work early this morning because I had so much to do, and was greeted with a terse little email telling me I had to get my Xyz manuscript to the VP by end of day. Yeah. I knew dat. Cuz, like, I created the schedule.

That's all. Just having a grumble after a very long day. Also my son really doesn't like daycamp because it's too noisy. Kids screaming and crying. He looked tired and worried tonight. I just want to wrap him up and keep him with me all the time. And my little brother is having a hard time and he finally called me and told me he is sad. I wish I could protect him from everything too.

Some weirdness: Hole-y smokes! I rode my bike to work this morning, and rode it home this evening, and there was one more house - poof! Gone. It was there this morning. By the time I passed it on the way home, there was nothing left of it but some rubble, and all the trucks and equipment had packed up and left for the day. Weird!

I've got to take some pictures of all the holes that were formerly houses that I see on my route to work. It's incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment