Sunday, April 27, 2008

We are farmers


Spring has sprung, and boy are we enjoying it. We've got some violets and pansies planted, but mostly we planted a whole bunch of seeds: beans, sunflowers, wildflowers, purple coneflowers, eidelweiss, which we actually bought in Salzburg, and, well, we'll see what comes up.

My son did all the actual planting, and wanted to know, "do farmers plant seeds?" Yes, they do. "We are farmers!" Yes, we are.

As for the funk, a word I'd rather use than anxiety or panic attacks (whatever), I'm having relatively good days, and some bad. Yesterday was wretched. Surprising since it was Saturday. But I'm surviving, and even getting used to the surges of adrenaline. One good thing about my prescription, which is Cipralex, it's really helping me sleep. I'm not waking up at 4am unable to get back to sleep. In fact, most of the time, I could fall asleep in about two seconds. The trembling is still very much there, but I've only been at full dose of this stuff for about 10 days. It says wait 6 to 8 weeks. That's a loooong time, but at least it's underway. I'm tired of feeling weird though, that's for sure.

We spent a lot of time outside today; it was gorgeous and fun; we got out on our bikes, which is always good, and my husband made stew, which makes me happy, no matter what. What could be better than stew?

Oh, just read that transit's no longer on strike. No working from home tomorrow. Ah vie; it's all about me. But seriously, my sister-in-law's baby is overdue, and nobody around here wants the traffic to be tied up because transit's down. When they need to get to the hospital, I want their path to be as clear as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment