Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This modern world

Even though I'm not in a bad mood, I'm going to post a pretty thing.

I'm back at work, and it's okay. I stayed home most of last week. Apparently, allegedly, I'm having... anxiety attacks. Eeegad. 
I guess it's not that surprising. The good news is that thanks to my "boss" there is no longer a table pinning me in my chair at work, and it's very nice not feeling like I'm physically blocked from leaving my desk. Which I actually was. 
The other good thing is that the two colleagues I've spoken with about this -- including my boss -- have been very supportive, and in fact, she (boss) has also had problems with said attacks in the past. 
I'm also taking a medication, which feels like an awfully big step to me. Do I feel better after taking it for a week? Emotionally, yes. Physically, I'm still getting huge surges of adrenaline complete with trembling, followed by a huge drop, more trembling, sweating. It's quite extreme, and really not nice. At this point, I'm handling it. By a) keeping my blood sugar levels up, and b) breathing like this and taking my prescription as directed. My dr told me she sees a lot of people having anxiety problems that affect them physically. It's the way we're living these days. This modern world.
The teacup, on the bottom, says "B. Henstridge, 1929" something I can't read, and LHS Bavaria. Handpainted. I bought it from a lady down the hall who was moving. I love this pretty thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment