Friday, March 21, 2008

Three things that made me happy

Oh yeah, the tears keep coming here and there, but I'm having a much better day than the last few. The fact that it's a holiday is definitely a factor. It's a happy day (even though holy-day-wise it's technically supposed to be a sad day) because:

a) I'm having leftover beef stew made by my husband -- beef stew on Good Friday! I feel like Frasier running with scissors! and

b) Charlie and I coloured Easter Eggs today, discovering at the last minute that the eggs we had were brown. You can still colour them -- they look cool. I'm posting a pic (I've done it before!); I'm not crafty and the eggs actually look sketchy from an asthetic point of view, but I still like the look of them. You don't need a special kit; all you need for each colour is a cup of hot water, 1/4 cup of white vinegar, and 6 to 8 drops of food colouring, and you're set. And

c) I found a DVD yesterday of both seasons of Pee-Wee's Playhouse! Oh the joy! And Charlie and I just watched two episodes, and he laughed hysterically at "Say it, don't spray it." And, yelling "GAAAAH" at "door", the secret word of Ep #1, and "fun", the secret word of Ep#2. After all these years, I still have a great love for Pterry. "Pee-Wee, Mr Kite called me a baby!" I watched it quite faithfully way back when it was first on in the mid-80s. I was just out of school, and new to the city, and lived in a rooming house in the Annex; my friend Bert (from high school in our hometown) lived upstairs. Every Saturday morning at 9:30, we kept our appointment with Pee-Wee. And we were always dutifully sad when the end-of-the-show signal music would come on, and PW would raise the iron and get out his scooter, and take off through the door -- "GAAAAH".

No comments:

Post a Comment